We are pleased to announce that Chariot Motors is now certified under ISO 45001:2018, the much-anticipated international standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). It provides a robust and effective set of processes for improving work safety in global supply chains.
ISO 45001 is designed to integrate with other ISO management systems standards, ensuring a high level of compatibility with the new versions of ISO 9001 (quality management) and ISO 14001 (environmental management). This means Chariot Motors is strongly committed to employees’ health and safety, and to improving work processes with stakeholders and subcontractors.
Our new OH&S standard is based on elements common to all ISO management systems standards. It uses a simple Plan-Do-Check-Act planning framework to minimise the risk of harm. Measures tackle long-term health issues leading to absence from work, and ones resulting in accidents.
ISO 45001:2018 addresses these key areas:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment, and determining controls;
- Legal and other requirements;
- Objectives and OHS programs;
- Resources, roles, responsibility, accountability, and authority;
- Competence, training, and awareness;
- Communication, participation, and consultation;
- Operational control;
- Emergency preparedness and response;
- Performance measuring, monitoring, and improvement.
Find Chariot Motors’ ISO certificates in the About us section of the company webpage.