Chariot Motors’ latest product, the 18m UC e-bus, has been road tested in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
The new articulated 18m UC electric bus is a joint effort by Israeli-Bulgarian company Chariot Motors, China’s largest bus manufacturer Higer, and world-leading ultracapacitor maker Aowei. Cutting edge ultracapacitor technology enables these vehicles to reuse brake energy using what is called recuperation and helps them reach previously unattainable ranges.
The 18m UC electric bus offers many features and benefits:
- The most mature energy store in today’s fast-charging e-bus market: the roof-mounted 108kWh ultracapacitor. With over 16 years’ and over 85 million kilometres’ commercial operation experience in Europe, Israel, and China, the ultracapacitor cannot ignite and retains performance in temperatures between -40 and 60°C;
- No need for overnight charging: the previous day’s final fast charge is enough to run the e-bus next morning without any more charging;
- Frequent charge/discharge cycles do not affect UC longevity: ultracapacitors have proven robust, environmentally friendly, and safer than batteries on these and other indicators;
- No harmful or toxic components: ultracapacitors present no pollution hazards and have no hidden end-of-life disposal costs;-
- A single fast charge lasting a few minutes enables over 60km of range, around the clock. This is the major difference from battery e-buses. They have longer range but most often need lengthy overnight recharging;
- No need for overhead power lines: freedom of movement and no infrastructure building and maintenance;
- Energy recuperation into the ultracapacitor, unlike trolleybuses which need other vehicles to maintain their networks;
- Spacious body design by Higer: 39+5 foldable seats and standing room for 95, two wheelchair/baby buggy ramps and two wheelchair bays. The spacious vehicle is comfortable for passengers and driver. It is silent and cuts urban air pollution;
- Passenger amenities include Wi-Fi and USB chargers on the dashboard and throughout the cabin. Seats are ergonomically shaped and upholstered in soft antistatic textiles. The e-bus is well heated in winter and air conditioned in summer.
Find more technical information of the e-bus on the product page.
Click on the button below to see our virtual tour, video, and brochure of Chariot 18m innovative UC vehicle.